- The Strategic Plan Goal 5 Students Implementation Team is planning a Growth Mindset initiative for September. In order to assess students’ attitudes toward school, peers, and self, a survey will be given to all students in grades 3 through 8 over the next few weeks. Click HERE to see the letter from Dr. R. sent home with students in grades 3 through 8. Click HERE to view the survey.
- At Tuesday’s meeting, the Board of Education changed the 8th grade graduation date to Thursday, June 16, 2016. Burlington City High School’s graduation date is Friday, June 17, 2016.
- EPTSD Schools will be closed from Friday, March 25th through Friday, April 1st. Schools will reopen on Monday, April 4th. Happy Spring Break!!
- The next regular Board of Education meeting will be on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 6:30 pm in the Ridgway Library. This meeting will include a public hearing on the 2016-2017 District budget.
- The Bond Referendum webpage has been updated and now includes updates on upcoming projects.
- A Steering Committee is now being formed to establish an Educational Foundation to support alternative funding for the Edgewater Park Township School District. If you are interested in serving on the Steering Committee, please contact Shannon Gillece at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15th. Click HERE to see an invitational flier.
- Parents are invited to a special presentation on Social Media Safety on Monday, April 18, 2016 at 7:00 pm at Ridgway School. Click HERE to see the flier.
- The latest post of Dr. R’s Friday Focus is out.
- Click HERE for information on the Y summer camp opportunities.
Magowan School News:
- All students will practice a Bus Evacuation Drill on Wednesday, April 6th.
- Third and Fourth grade students will begin taking the PARCC test in April. Specific information will be provided to the students.
- Kindergarten students will visit the Aquarium on April 20th.
- Second grade students will travel to the Philadelphia Zoo on April 21st.
- Fourth grade students will dig for fossils at Rowan University’s Fossil site on April 22nd. Students MAY be returning to school after the 3:00 dismissal time. Please plan accordingly for your child.
Ridgway School News:
- PARCC testing will run from April 11th through May 14th.
- The 6th grade camping trip will be from May 4th through May 6th.
- The Spring concert will be on May 18th at 7:00 pm.
- 5th grade trip to Philadelphia will be on June 6th.
- Our next PTO meeting is Monday, April 4th at 7pm in the Ridgway Library. We are looking for people to help plan and chair events throughout the year.
- Square One Art Orders are expected to arrive on April 12th.
- Pizza & Deli Night is April 19th. Order between 4-8pm and mention our schools when ordering.
- Click HERE to subscribe to tips on Google Apps.