- The next regular Board of Education meeting will be on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 at 5:30 in the Ridgway Library. Click HERE to see the agenda.
- Click HERE to see the minutes from our two recent Strategic Planning meetings. The third and final Strategic Planning meeting will be on Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 6:30 in the Ridgway Cafeteria.
- Click HERE to see the revised 2017-2018 District Calendar.
- April 13, 2018 - marking period ends.
- April 19, 2018 - report cards issued.
- April 30, 2018 to May 4, 2018 PARCC - testing begins for grades 5 and 6.
- May 7, 2018 to May 11, 2018 PARCC - testing begins for grades 7 and 8.
- May 16, 2018- Ridgway Middle School annual Spring Concert will be held at 7:00 PM.
- May 29, 2018 to May 30, 2018 - New Jersey Student Learning Assessment for Science will be held for all 5th and 8th grade students.
|Kristina Siwak and Mr. Melvin compete during the PBSIS Family Feud Tournament.|
|Chief Gene Difilippo and officers from the Edgewater Park Police Department working with our staff on school security.|
- April 11th to 17th - PTO Book Fair
- April 12th - 2nd Grade Zoo Trip
- April 19th - Report Cards Issued
- April 19th - Kindergarten Aquarium Trip
- April 27th - Arbor Day Tree Planting - 3rd Grade, 9:00-10:00 am in the front of the building.
- The Magowan School Spring Concert will be on Wednesday, May 23rd at 7:00 pm at Ridgway School.
|Ms. Slavinski is using Smart Board Technology in the teaching of subtraction.|
The students in the picture are Eliezer Santiago and Jordan Tucker.
|Mrs. Gillece is volunteering at the Book Fair sponsored by the PTO. The students holding their books are|
Winston Grice and Daniel Miller
Corner of Curriculum & Instruction:
- New Jersey recently changed the format and test for statewide assessment in Science. The New Jersey Student Learning Assessment - Science will now be administered in Grade 5 (instead of 4) and Grade 8.
- Click HERE to find the Grade 5 Parent, Student, and Teacher Information Guide in English and Spanish
- Click HERE to find the Grade 8 Parent, Student, and Teacher Information Guide in English and Spanish
- Grade 5 and Grade 8 will test on: May 29th and 30th
- Attention all 5th, 6th, and 7th Graders do you love Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math? Ridgway Middle School is offering a free STEM camp Wednesday, June 27th, 28th, 29th & July 2nd & 3rd. The program is free of charge to those students who apply and are accepted. Camp runs from 8:30-2:30 please click HERE for more details. Be sure to see Mr. Trampe with any questions asap as spots are filling up!
- The Magowan Book Fair was held April 11 - 17. Thank you to everyone that volunteered to help make the book fair a success!
- A Spring Flower and Garden Fundraiser will start April 23 and all orders are due May 3 to guarantee delivery before Mother's Day. They make the perfect gift for Moms!
- PTO Meeting May 9, 2018 at 6:30 PM at Ridgway
- This meeting will hold elections for 2 board positions. If you are interested, please email email@example.com to be put on the ballot.
- All nominees must be entered no later than May 5, 2018 to be included on the ballot on May 9, 2018
- You must be a paid PTO member in good standing for at least 15 days to be eligible for nomination
- Any Edgewater Park resident may be a PTO member and eligible for nomination
- The Ridgway Book Fair will be held May 16 - 23. There will be two family nights during the Spring Concerts, May 16 & May 23. The book fair will also be open during lunch hours for students.
Here are some future save the dates for upcoming PTO events, so mark your calendars:
- June 9, 2018 1:00 - 1:00 - Parents & Alumni versus Teachers and Staff Softball game
- June 13, 2018 - PTO Meeting - The last of the school year
We are hard at work planning more events and fundraisers. If you would like to help, please join us at our monthly meeting!