- The next regular Board of Education meeting will be on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 in the Ridgway Library. The Board training originally scheduled for 5:30 has been cancelled. Regular business will begin at 6:30 pm. Click HERE to see the agenda.
- The Board of Education will hold its annual reorganization meeting on Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 6:30 pm in the Ridgway Library.
- December 22, 2017 will be a 4-hour day for all students. Schools will be closed for Winter Break from December 22, 2017 through January 1, 2018. Schools will re-open on Tuesday, January 2, 2018. Happy Holidays!
Magowan School News:
- Our Winter Concert will be held on December 13th, at 7:00 pm, at Ridgway School. This is a great event and our students have been practicing very hard to provide you with an evening of great entertainment.
- Progress Reports will be mailed home on December 20th.
- All of our school clubs have met and we have a great student turnout. We have a total of 14 clubs that provide students with a variety of activities.
- In the very near future we will be modifying our Arrival and Dismissal procedures. Parents will be receiving a detailed packet with the revised procedures.
- The last day of school before our winter break will be December 22nd. This is a half day of school with a normal start time and a 12:45 pm dismissal time. Our AM Pre-K class will meet from 8:40 am - 10:29 pm. and our PM Pre-K class will meet from 10:56 am - 12:45 pm, on the 22nd. Our winter break is December 23rd - January 1st. School will resume on January 2nd, 2018. The Magowan Staff would like to wish everyone a Safe and Joyous Holiday Season.
- Latchkey Program: On December 22nd there will be no latchkey program for PreK from 11:00 am - 3:00 pm and there will be no latchkey program from 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm. There will be 7:00 am - 9:00 am latchkey program.
.Ridgway School News:
- The annual winter concert will be held December 14th at 7 PM.
- Winter Pep Rally December 18th for the students.
- Progress report to will be distributed December 20th.
Our December 13th meeting is cancelled so you can enjoy the Magowan Winter Concert at Ridgway! Attending PTO meetings is important to stay up tp date with upcoming fundraisers and events and voice your ideas for future fundraisers and events, so see you in January!
“You make a living by what you get. You make a life by what you give.” ~ Winston Churchill
The Holiday Shoppe at Magowan runs December 11 - 15. All students will have the opportunity to visit the shop with their class. A flyer and envelope was sent home with your child’s scheduled day. If you would like more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Holiday Shoppe Family Night is December 11 6:00 - 8:00 PM. Come see all the items that are available! Santa will make his appearance 6:30 - 7:30. A photo with Santa and a holiday frame craft will be available for you (limit one photo and photo frame craft per child).
As always, volunteers for the Holiday are needed, please email email@example.com if you can help make the Holiday Shoppe a success!
Cherrydale pickup is December 11 6:00 - 8:00 PM. If you placed a Cherrydale order you can pick it up during the Holiday Shoppe Family Night just in time to wrap those gifts for the holidays!
Have a Happy Holiday from your Edgewater Park PTO!
Check out this Growth Mindset Music Video by C. J. Luckey
|Growth Mindset posters at Magowan School|
Ridgway's NJHS Members assist Santa and the PTO of Fleetwood Elementary School in Mt. Laurel at their Breakfast with Santa and Holiday Shop.
|Back Row: Chris-Tina Middlebrooks, Shania Hosein, Paige Giles, Kimberly Karson, Mackenzie Cash, Codilyn Korhammer Middle Row: Matthew Wajda. Taylor Snowden, Lexus Park, Josh Tietz Bottom: Aiden Daly|
|Fatima Hernandez - Jump Into Reading winner!|
Magowan School names winners for the annual Jump Into Reading Challenge
|1st grader Fiona Huang - Jump Into Reading winner!|