- The next regular Board of Education meeting will be on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 6:30 pm in the Ridgway Library.
- Click HERE to see information on Affordable Healthcare.
- Click HERE to see information on Internet Essential services from Comcast.
- PARCC score reports from 2015-2016 will be mailed home soon. More information on PARCC can be found HERE. There will be a presentation on the 2016 PARCC scores at the September 27th Board of Education meeting.
- Click HERE to see the new District Communication Guide
- The District now utilizes We Tip to allow for anonymous reporting of bullying, crime, or residence fraud. Click HERE for more information or to file a report.
- The Board of Education has adopted a new District Mission Statement. The new Mission Statement reflects our core values and was crafted through a collaborative process. Thank you to all staff and community who contributed.
- Click HERE to see Dr. R.'s latest blog post.
Corner of Curriculum & Instruction
Welcome back to school! Over the summer, the Curriculum Office has been busy preparing for the return of teachers and students. New Jersey has officially adopted the Next Generation Science Standards and grades 6 through 8 are ready for implementation. Our amazing middle school science teachers, Dave Solarczyk, Stephanie Kennedy, and Michael Melvin were integral in writing curriculum and selecting resources to support the transition.
Parents can expect students to participate in more labs this year and learning activities will have an increased focus on STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math). Our teachers will use resources from Pearson’s Interactive Science to support instruction and all students will have access to chromebooks in their science classes. Click here to learn more about the NGSS.
Kindergarten through 5th grade Next Generation Science Standards will be implemented in September 2017. To learn more about about the Vision for K-12 Science Education please see this video.
Magowan School News:
Welcome to the 2016 - 2017 school year! The Magowan staff is rested and ready for another full year of learning and fun. After weeks of building improvements, the teachers have been busy preparing the classrooms for students. We look forward to an exciting year together!
- Our Pre Kindergarten and Kindergarten students/families will enjoy an Orientation Day on Tuesday, September 6, 2016. Specific times were mailed to homes.
- The regular school schedule begins Wednesday, September 7, 2016.
- Magowan’s Back To School Night for adults is scheduled for September 15th from 6:30 - 8:00. Students should go to bed early and not attend this event! :-)
- The Parade To Success will take place on Friday, September 16th at 2:15. Everyone is encouraged to attend and welcome our children back to school.
- Breakfast Club and the lunch program begins on Wednesday the 7th. Breakfast Club begins at 8:15. All other students should arrive between 8:30 - 8:40.
- The student handbook is now online. Please access and review the handbook through the district website. If you prefer a hard copy, they are available in the office.
Ridgway School News:
- Back to school night will be September 21, 2016 6:30p.m. to 8:30p.m.
- Look for fundraiser papers coming home… fundraiser begins September 23, 2016
- Picture day for all students will be September 30, 2016