- The next regular Board of Education meeting will be on Tuesday, May 30, 2017 at 6:30 pm in the Ridgway Library. Click HERE to see the agenda.
- Click HERE to see the 2017-2018 Budget Presentation.
- EPTSD schools will be closed on Monday, May 29, 2017 for Memorial Day.
- Click HERE for information on free lunches through the summer.
- Click HERE to view the School Performance Reports for 2015-2016.
- Click HERE for information on our Bond Referendum projects.
- There will be no school for students on Tuesday, June 6, 2017.
- June 19th, 20th, and 21st are 4-hour days for students. June 21st is the last day of school.
Magowan School News:
- Magowan students were treated to a fantastic Fun Day on the 19th! Thank you to Mr. Thomas for coordinating the event.
- Magowan’s Drama and Kindergarten Glee Club successfully entertained hundreds of students and families as they entertained on the 18th! Thank you to Ms. Tumulty for leading the Drama Club and Ms. Reitz for leading the Kindergarten Glee Club.
- Mrs. Greco led the Magowan Milers on their Race Day on the 22nd.
- The Magowan Band and Chorus performed for a full house on the 24th. Thank you to Mr. Reed for leading our students.
- The community raised money for JDRF and celebrated with a walk around the block on the 25th. Thank you for the many contributions to JDRF.
- Fourth grade students will take the NJASK Science assessment on Wednesday, May 31st.
- Mighty Max will celebrate his 8th birthday on Friday, June 2nd. All families are welcome to come out and enjoy the entertainment, food and fun!
- Kindergarten through Fourth grade students are working toward a reading goal. Each grade level set an ambitious and achievable goal for students to reach. Our STAR READERS are reading every day!
- Fourth grade students will participate in a “Step Up to Ridgway” event on June 7th. Students will tour Ridgway and receive a warm welcome from Ridgway Student Council members.
Ridgway School News:
- May 30th - 5th grade parent orientation. Parents are welcome at 10am-11am or 6pm-7pm.
- May 31st - 8th grade NJASK Science administration.
- June 1 - 8th grade trip to the Inner Harbor.
- June 5th - Career Day.
- June 7th - 4th grade step up day.
- June 9th - St. Jude walk held at RMS for 5th -8th grade students.
- June 14th - Hawkfest.
- June 20th - 8th grade graduation - 6:30pm (No tickets required).
- Our last PTO meeting will be held on Wednesday, June 14th at 6:30 pm in the Ridgway Library and our 2017-18 Board Election will be held that night. If you are interested in running for a position on the PTO board, please email us at email@example.com. We hope to see you there.
- Our PTO has accomplished a lot this school year. We were able to provide money to each school for school trip transportation, skate party, art supplies, chromebooks, books, banners and much, much more. Thank you for your support and ordering from our fundraisers and attending our bingo because we couldn't have done all of this without it.
- We have a lot of ideas and plans in the works for the 2017-2018 school year and need your help. Please consider becoming a PTO member to join our email list.
- Thank you to all of the volunteers that have helped us this past school year. We can’t accomplish everything we do without you. We look forward to a great 2017-2018 school year!
3rd Marking Period Ridgway SOARing Students
Left to Right: Sarah Lewis, Kayla Reed, Marissa Edmonds, Jada Corry, Alexys Diaz, Fatih Pehlivan, Amaya Smith, Maudy Molina
The Edgewater Park Environmental Shade Tree Advisory Committee made a generous donation to Magowan School in honor of Arbor Day. On April 18th, Mr. Jim Bernard led a crew in digging a hole and preparing the ground. Committee members Mr. Robbins, Mr. Malecki, Mrs. Phair and Mr. Belgard presented the October Glory Maple to Magowan's Third grade students. After an informative lesson regarding Arbor Day and the origin of the tree, students observed the tree being planted and watered. Thank you for the long lasting donation!