- The next regular Board of Education meeting will be on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 at 6:30 pm in the Ridgway library. Click HERE to see the agenda.
- 2016-2017 School Performance Reports are now available. Click HERE to see the reports and information on the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). Click HERE to see an important letter from Dr. Rakszawski regarding the Magowan School Performance Report.
- Dr. Rakszawski and Dr. Inverso Vogt will offer a presentation to parents on ESSA and Magowan's status on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 6:30 pm in the Ridgway library.
- Just a reminder that schools will be closed on February 19th in observance of President's Day.
Mr. Holley, Mr. Shappell, Mrs. Raymond, and Mrs. Daly getting sworn in as Board of Education members on January 2, 2018. Congratulations to all!
Magowan School News:
- We have instituted our new Drop Off and Pick Up procedures. Each day, we have evaluated the procedures and we have mad some minor changes to tine tune the plan. The amount of time it is taking to Drop Off over 500 students is 12 minutes and the Pick Up is averaging 13 minutes. We appreciate everyone's patience. The staff worked hard to make this happen and the safety of our students has been greatly improved. Thank you to everyone!
- The end of the 2nd marking period is January 31st and report cards will be issued on February 7th.
- It is important for our students to be present at school as often as possible. Student success is linked to their attendance. We will be implementing positive reinforcement activities for students to help in this area.
- Read Across America Day will take place on March 2nd. We are very excited that the Burlington County Education Association will be hosting their celebration at Magowan School this year. This means that they will be inviting legislators, assemblymen/women, and other important people to come in and read to all Kindergarten and 1st grade classrooms.
Ridgway School News:
- It is hard to believe, but the 2nd marking period will be coming to an end on January 31st. Report cards will be distributed on February 7th.
- On February 6th, SOAR awards will be presented at 6:00 pm to selected students.
- Congratulations to 8th grade student Codilyn Korhammer, who was selected as this months Rotary Student of the Month.
- Click HERE for information on the 8th grade committee hoagie sale.
- Please join us for the production of "Little Mermaid, Jr." on February 13th and 15th. Both shows begin at 7:00 pm.
|Soaring Student, Kaylee Vanoyen & Mrs. Swanson|
|Lexus Park & Shania Hoesein - SOAR Committee Members collecting tickets for positive behavior|
|October & November Students of the Month - Josh Tietz & Khloe Lubin|
Corner of Curriculum & Instruction:
- NEW - Adult English Language Learner Workshop!
- Improve your English and address your concerns about your child's education
- When - Every Wednesday from 3:30 to 4:30 pm, STARTING FEBRUARY 7TH
- Where - Magowan School (room to be determined)
- NO COST
- Child care will be provided by 8th grade NJHS students for children over 3 years of age
- NOTE - your child does NOT need to be in the ESL program to benefit from this opportunity!
- Special Education Advisory Committee
- Wednesday, March 14th - Basic Rights in Special Education
- Wednesday, April 11th - Digging Deep Into an IEP
- Wednesday, May 9th - Summer Transition ans ESY
- All sessions are from 3:30 to 4:30 pm
- Location to be determined
- On January 10th, the Strategic Plan Goal 5 Students Implementation Team presented at the PTO meeting on the topic of Growth Mindset. Click HERE to view the presentation.
- Click HERE for resources for Parents from the New Jersey Department of Education
- PTO meeting on February 14th at 6:30 pm in the Ridgway library
- We have some exciting events in the works. Karate week at Magowan School and Student Bingo for both Magowan and Ridgway students hosted at Ridgway. Keep an eye out for dates and details
- Be sure to 'like' the PTO Facebook page to get up-to-date information.
- Receive PTO updates by emailing us at email@example.com