- Happy Thanksgiving to all!
- Click HERE for information on the Governor’s Educator of the Year Program. Parents are encouraged to nominate teachers and support staff for this great honor.
- The next regular Board of Education meeting will be on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 at 6:00 pm in the Ridgway Library. The Board of Education will be in training from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm. Regular business will begin at 7:00 pm.
- Friday, December 23rd, will be a 4-hour day for all students. Both schools will be closed from December 26th through January 2nd and will reopen on Tuesday, January 3rd.
Magowan School News:
- November 21st was the last day of the Jump Into Reading Challenge. We are excited to tally the results.
- Our Student Council led a sock collection in “Socktober.” A grand total of 333 pairs of socks were collected and donated!
- It was wonderful to see so many families visit during American Education Month and conference days. Thank you for supporting the students!
- The PTO will open the Holiday Shoppe on Monday, December 12th. Consider having your child earn his/her own money to buy holiday gifts for family. The Shoppe will close on the 16th.
- Magowan’s Winter Concert is set for Wednesday, December 14th at 7:00 in Ridgway’s auditorium. There will be a repeat performance for the school community on Friday (16th) morning. Visitors are encouraged to attend!
- There are no 3 - 6 Latchkey services on Friday, December 23rd. Dismissal is at 12:45 on the 23rd.
Ridgway School News:
- The Ridgway Winter Concert will be on Thursday, December 15th at 7:00 pm in the Ridgway auditorium.
- The PBSIS Positive behavior skating trip to Holiday Skating Center will be on December 22nd.
- Congrats to RMS’s first group of “SOAR”Students:
Grade 5: Joel Rodriguez, Destiny Johnson,
Grade 6: Eduardo Corazozon, Shania Hosein
Grade 7: Codilyn Korhammer, Joshua Tietz
Grade 8: Aniyah Gandy, Steven Schaffer
- Our next PTO Meeting will be held on Wednesday, December 7th at 6:30 in the Ridgway Library
- Charleston Wrap fundraiser orders will be available for pick up in the Magowan Multi Purpose room on Monday, December 12th from 3pm-8pm. Magowan and Ridgway orders will be available for pick up.
- Our Holiday Shop will run at Magowan the week of December 12th-16th with our evening shop being open on Monday, December 12th from 6:00pm-8:00pm. Magowan students will come home with an envelope and a scheduled date of when they will visit the shop. They will have the opportunity to purchase items for family, friends and even pets.
- We are in need of volunteers to help run the shop. The hours are 9am-2:30pm. If you are available to help out during these times that week please email us at email@example.com. Even if you can only help an hour or two please let us know. We are flexible!
- Uncle Jerry’s T’s Fundraiser orders are due back by Monday, December 5th. Those items will be delivered in time for the Holiday’s and make some great gifts.