- Schools are closed on November 9th and 10th.
- The next regular Board of Education meeting will be on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 6:30 pm in the Ridgway library. Click HERE to see the agenda.
- November 22nd is an early dismissal day for all students.
- Schools will be closed on November 23rd and 24th. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Please remember that Thursday, November 16, 2017 is now an early dismissal day. All parents must sign and return a form to verify that you are aware. Click HERE to see the form.
Magowan School News:
- Magowan will be welcoming parents for American Education Month during the month of November. Family members will have the opportunity to visit their child’s classroom. Each teacher will send home a correspondence with dates and times.
- Parent conferences will held on November 16th, 17th, and 20th, from 1:15pm - 3:25pm and on November 21st from 6:30pm - 8:00pm. On those days 1/2 day AM Pre-K hours are 8:40-10:29 am. 1/2 day PM Pre-K hours are 10:56 - 12:45 pm. Latchkey hours are the same EXCEPT for Nov. 22nd. - We will have 7-9 am latchkey ONLY - no pre-k or 3-6 pm latchkey.
- Mr. Scott Reed our music teacher will be celebrating his 50th concert this school year. This is quite an accomplishment. Also, the school band this year will have about 80 % of the 4th grade participating. This is largest number of students we have ever had in this program.
Ridgway School News:
- The Senior Social, held October 18, 2017, was a tremendous success. Special thanks go out to the NJHS, Student Council, RMS Jazz band, RMS staff, The Elks Club, EPTSD BOE, EP Town Council and local vendors in our area that help make it such a special night for all.
- The 6th grade camping trip was another great time had by all campers and staff.
- October 20th, PTO BINGO- hosted at RMS
- October 23rd-27th Red Ribbon Week
- Parents of 8th grade students- Personalized messages for the yearbook are due no later than November 30th. Please see Ms. Reilly or Mrs. Stellwag for more details.
Corner of Curriculum & Instruction:
Our school community needs your help in instilling the life long love of reading in all of our children. Our curriculum supports readers of all ages and focuses on creating good reading habits. Our programs are funded from local and federal funds under the Every Child Succeeds Act (ESSA). Check out this article on How to Raise a Reader.
Below are some resources for accessing books and text:
- Storyline Online: http://www.storylineonline.net
- Project Gutenberg: http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Category:Children%27s_Bookshelf
- Center for the Book in the Library of Congress: http://www.read.gov/kids/
- Free through Burlington County library: http://www.bcls.lib.nj.us see list under “search the catalog” menu; sign up for a card online at https://bcls.polarislibrary.com/polaris/patronaccount/selfregister.aspx Proof of residency must be provided within 60 days of receiving a card. Examples of proof of residency include a driver's license, school ID (elementary, middle or high school), or utility/phone bill.
- Tumblebooks: http://tumblebooks.com for info, see local library for details on how to use
- Overdrive: https://www.overdrive.com for info, see local library for details
- Gale Virtual Reference Library: http://www.gale.com/gvrl for info, see local library for details
The monthly PTO Meeting is now November 15th at 6:30 PM at Ridgway in the LRC room. See you there!
Our Cherrydale Fundraiser starts soon. You should receive your packet soon and they are due back no later than November 27th end of school day. Orders will be ready for pick up during the Holiday Shoppe Family Night December 11th just in time for the holidays!
The Holiday Shoppe at Magowan is December 11th - 15th. Students will have the opportunity to shop at the Holiday Shoppe on their class designated day (a flyer will be sent home with their day). Holiday Shoppe Family Night is Monday, December 11th where your child can meet up with Santa, have some crafting fun, and more while you check out the Holiday Shoppe.
As always, thank for all your support throughout the school year!
|4th grade students give a special welcome to Magowan Interim Principal, Mr. Ray Marini. From L to R - Alafy Lopes DePaula, Madison Kremper, Nathan Sever, Ahmet Ozdemir|
|Payten Pincin has fun in Mrs. Greco's class|
|Growth Mindset posters from Mrs. Farley|
|Jovanni Rosa enjoys Mrs. Grecco's class|
|Town Council and BOE members at the recent Senior Social event.|