- At Tuesday's meeting, the Board of Education approved a revision to the 2015-2016 District Calendar. Initially, two snow days were built into the calendar. Since we only used one snow day this year, an adjustment was needed. Please note that the last day of school is now Monday, June 20, 2016. June 16th, 17th, and 20th will all be 4-hour days. The last day for PreK students will be June 15th. Our 8th grade graduation will take place on the evening of Thursday, June 16th. Click HERE to see Dr. R’s letter to parents and the revised 2015-2016 District Calendar.
- The next regular Board of Education meeting will be on Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 6:30 pm in the Ridgway cafeteria. All parents and community members are invited and encouraged to attend this meeting to participate in a collaborative session to revisit the District Mission Statement and create a new Vision/Values statement.
- The Board of Education meeting originally scheduled for June 28, 2016 has been rescheduled for June 21, 2016 at 6:30 pm in the Ridgway library.
Magowan School News:
- 1st grade trip to Academy of Science Museum - May 3rd
- JDRF Walk - May 6th
- Drama Club production, Glee Club performance and Art Show - May 17th at 7:00 pm
- Spring Concert at Ridgway - May 19th at 7:00
- Fun Day May 20th
- 4th grade New Jersey Science ASK test - May 25th
- Magowan School set a goal for our community service project. We would like to meet or exceed raising $6,000.00 for JDRF. Please consider a tax deductible donation to help us reach the goal AND support JDRF!
Ridgway School News:
- 5th Grade Trip to Philadelphia-- June 6.
- 6th Grade Camping Trip-- May 4,5 and 6.
- Spring Concert-- May 18th at 7pm.
- 8th Grade Trip to Baltimore- June 2, 2016. Students will depart approximately at 7am and return approximately at 9pm. More information will be provided to the students/ parents by Mr. Melvin very soon.
- New Graduation date - June 16,2016 in the Ridgway Cafeteria. Doors open at 5:30pm and the graduation begins at 6:30 pm.
- The 8th grade Dinner/Dance-- hosted by the 8th grade parent committee will be held June 17, 2016 from 7pm to 11pm at the Elks Club on green Street.
- Career Day--June 13th
- NJ ASK/ Science--8th grade only May 25th.
- St. Jude’s Walk--June 1st.
- Next PTO Meeting is Monday, May 2nd at 7pm in the Ridgway Library. Come out and share your ideas. If you are interested in a board position for the 2016-17 school year please let us know as positions are available. We are also in need of parents to help organize fundraisers and events.
- We are in need of volunteers on Friday, May 6th for the JDRF Walk. Volunteers are asked to arrive at 1:45 to help set up and then hand out water and snacks to the walkers. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering.
- Social Media Safety & Responsibility Presentation - Presented by Kathy McKone, Ridgway Guidance Counselor and Chief Gene DiFilippo, Edgewater Park Police Dept.
|Student Government Night|
Front Row: Shania Hosein, Mackenzie Cash, Ebony Walker, Mya Webb
Back Row: Marcos Pacheco, Faiza Hoque, Brijal Patel, Chris-Tina Middlebrooks, Keyon Luff, Brooke Del Toro